Terms & ConditionsDefinition of our terminology as used within this document:
Fontmark Terms & Conditions
- A 'Project' is any work undertaken or service provided by Fontmark for
the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email
to that Client.
- A 'Client' is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of
the services provided by Fontmark.
- 'Live Mode' means the date the website is available on the Client’s
- 'Domain' is the website address as specified by the Client.
- 'Open Source Software' is software made freely available to anyone under
the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- 'Hosting' is a yearly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
- 'Content' is both text and images that the Client requires on the
- 'mb' stands for megabytes and is a measure of storage space.
- The contract between Fontmark and the Client will be on these
conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any
variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Fontmark
confirmation order email.
- Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication.
Although Fontmark can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our
method of communication and therefore it is the Client's responsibility to
inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email
contact details. Fontmark can not be held liable in any way relating to
communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. Fontmark
will acknowledge all emails within 3 working days.
- Fontmark will only commence work on a Project after receipt of Full
Payment quoted Project fee from the Client.
- The payment paid to Fontmark covers the cost of design work carried out
as well as any admin work and communication with Fontmark.
- Level 1 Flash animation refers to 3 hours of Flash development time on
the clients website by Fontmark.
- Fontmark shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before
proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the
website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website
is not in any way illegal.
- It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Fontmark
throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 1 week
we will make up to 5 attempts to contact the client by email using the email
address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a
response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the
payment will not be refunded.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by Fontmark on
behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only.
Fontmark are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any
other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals
or other organisations.
- Fontmark will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on
receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, Fontmark will
endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at
all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at
all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our
- All hosting offered by Fontmark is limited to 500mb of website space
unless otherwise stated in a separate contract. If your site requires more
than 500mb of space we will advise of other hosting solutions and then cease
hosting the site.
- Fontmark cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the
Client's business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed
is a result of a service offered by Fontmark.
Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Fontmark do
not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- Fontmark will provide the Client with an expected completion date for
the Project (live on the internet) if requested. Fontmark will endeavour to
meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way
to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided
by any employee of Fontmark is purely an estimate.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to check with Fontmark whether Open
Source Software is being used or not.
- The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a
charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for
the installation time. Open Source Software is not owned by Fontmark or the
- Fontmark own all design and code of the website until final payment has
been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then
own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used.
Images will have been purchased by Fontmark for the Client, unless the
images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by Fontmark are
licensed only for use on the client website and are limited to no more than
20 images dependent on the size of the project. Item 17 is subject to item
- All images displayed on the Client's website will only be used after
authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client
regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from
the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Fontmark ,
they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Domain names will be registered by Fontmark and also registered to the
Fontmark current address. Although the domain names are registered to
Fontmark , the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request
to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, Fontmark will
do this within a reasonable timeframe.
- A domain name will be registered by Fontmark on behalf of the client
once we have received the payment
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when
due. If a domain name expires, Fontmark can not be held liable for this.
However, Fontmark will make reasonable effort to contact the Client
regarding domain renewal.
- When a Client renews Hosting with Fontmark , this also includes domain
renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was
purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the
Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for
purchase and Fontmark can not be held liable for this.
- Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be
annually from the date the website was made live. The Hosting will not be
renewed if Fontmark cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for
Fontmark to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item
- The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the
Hosting expiry date. Fontmark reserve the right to deactivate any website
where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal
charge. There will be an admin fee set by Fontmark for reactivating the
- If the Client does not use Fontmark Hosting services, then the
management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the
- Fontmark will provide 1 years free hosting providing the client pays
their deposit payment within 48 hours. If the deposit payment is not
received within 48 hours then Fontmark reserve the right to charge £100+VAT
for 1 years hosting of the clients website.
- Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Fontmark or transfer a
Domain name away from Fontmark, a £50 admin charge will be issued, which
must be paid before the transfer takes place.
- Fontmark has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of
Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our
Client's web sites constitute Fontmark endorsement, or approval of the
website or the material contained within the website. Fontmark has not
verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our
Client's web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of
these sites or for the Client's transactions with them. Fontmark provides
links or references to our Client's websites solely for the convenience of
prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and
accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to
the intended Client site at all times.
- Fontmark are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or
information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client's
website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files
relating to its website.
- If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than
Fontmark, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain
name is renewed when due. Fontmark will not renew the Domain name when
annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a
company other than Fontmark .
Fontmark makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully
viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not
be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed
from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is
responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction.
The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and
Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content
shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these
terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent
jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of
the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in
full force and effect.