Fontmark build e-commerce sites, which include all that's listed below and more. See some our sites we sell
What is ecommerce?
Electronic commerce or e-commerce refers to a wide range of online business activities for products and services. It also pertains to “any form of business transaction in which the parties interact electronically rather than by physical exchanges or direct physical contact.”
E-commerce is usually associated with buying and selling over the Internet, or conducting any transaction involving the transfer of ownership or rights to use goods or services through a computer-mediated network. Though popular, this definition is not comprehensive enough to capture recent developments in this new and revolutionary business phenomenon. A more complete definition is: E-commerce is the use of electronic communications and digital information processing technology in business transactions to create, transform, and redefine relationships for value creation between or among organizations, and between organizations and individuals.
International Data Corp (IDC) estimates the value of global e-commerce in 2000 at US$350.38 billion. This is projected to climb to as high as US$3.14 trillion by 2004. IDC also predicts an increase in Asia’s percentage share in worldwide e-commerce revenue from 5% in 2000 to 10% in 2004
- Allows customers to shop your store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Easily keep your products/catalog updated - no HTML coding required to add, delete, or modify products.
- Works on the popular combination of PHP and MySQL technologies.
- Secure - no one but your administrative personnel can access your customer/catalog data.
- Easy to install - our helpful installation program guides you easily through the setup process.
- User frontend is validated to XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Advanced template system using stylesheets and images.
- Any PHP coding changes can be protected during upgrades by using the built-in override protection system.
- Switching from one installed template to another is as simple as a couple of clicks in the Admin.
- Merchandise Pricing options - single and multiple items can be put on sale. Sale options include percentage-off, fixed amount off, new price, etc. Sales can include or exclude product attributes. You can add or exclude a discount from a special. You can put a whole category or the entire store on sale.
- Products can be marked as free or Call for Price.
- Products can be marked as Featured for specific highlighting/attention.
- Products can be linked and/or copied to multiple categories.
- Minimum or maximum quantities and units - you can sell one per customer, or require at least four and in multiples of two. You can set requirements on a per-product basis.
- Quantity discounts can be configured per-product for varying pricing levels or quantity levels.
- Product attributes can be added, either as radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-down lists, text boxes, file